Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Common Sight

                                  For Catholics November 1 is All Saints Day and November 2 is All Souls Day
         In the Philippines we don't celebrate Halloween, some/few subdivisions in big cities do celebrate but the majority is busy preparing for Nov 1 and Nov 2.  The President declared the two days as a holiday so some people from the city went home to their provinces to visit the grave/cemetery/tombs of their loved ones. This photo was taken in the town where my parents and my nephew is buried. It is a small town and the cemetery is on a hill. The line up of tin cans and big basins for candle lighting is a common sight. My brother took a photo of my parents grave site and I get lonely and sad that I can't visit them but I am also thankful that I can see it through pictures.  Linking this post to Thursday's Things in a Row

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this photo and joining Thursday's Things in a Row. This is so interesting. I love learning things about different cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, a nice photo that reflects a tradition that many people do with feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading a lot lately about All Saints Day and All Souls Day. Thank you for sharing the photo and information.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friends! I appreciate your coming and leaving a comment. If you like to follow me please tell me so, so I can follow you back! Thanks and have the very best life ahead!